105th ODST Helljumpers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

105th ODST Helljumpers

ODST Costuming Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My completed ODST armor.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Toymakerkarl

Toymakerkarl

My completed ODST armor. Empty
PostSubject: My completed ODST armor.   My completed ODST armor. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:07 pm

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
ODST-001
Admin
ODST-001

PostSubject: Re: My completed ODST armor.   My completed ODST armor. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:23 pm

I love the outfit Karl, what was the process that went into it, about how long did it take, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://105thodst.co.cc
Toymakerkarl

Toymakerkarl

PostSubject: Re: My completed ODST armor.   My completed ODST armor. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:39 pm

The thighs and back are silicone rubber, the helmet is a rotocast one from Sean Bradley, along with the vacuum formed equipment plates in the center chest. The chest, shoulders, forearms and lower legs are fiberglass with Smooth Cast 300 resin on the outside. About an 8 month build, with additional resin, paint and sanding, strapping and glueing. I always use the paint tutorial from Adam Grumbo.
Back to top Go down
Toymakerkarl

Toymakerkarl

PostSubject: Re: My completed ODST armor.   My completed ODST armor. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:44 pm

The Halo 2 sniper rifle is a six week build. It is a Pepakura build, off of the files in the 405th Pep Pack. It is just two layers of fiberglass resin with Smooth On Foam It 3 inside. The prop weighs 1.4 pounds. It has Hello Kitty stickers on the front and back of the scope and on the tip of the muzzle/barrel. Gets me into cons without problems from anti-gun people. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My completed ODST armor.   My completed ODST armor. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My completed ODST armor.
Page 1 of 1